Saturday, May 10, 2008

Socks, socks, socks...

I like knitting socks. So I joined 52 pair plunge. I am going to knit a pair of socks every week the next year from June 1st 2008 to June 1st 2009. 52 pairs of socks... My hubby would be just glad, because he prefers hand knit wool socks over anything you can buy from the store, all year round, but luckily I have a big family, so I can start giving everyone socks as Yule presents and so on ;-) (Yeah, now you who read my blog know what you are going to get as present, but you don't know which color LOL)

Also, I joined Summer of Socks 2008 :-) I will be taking sock knitting with me to Finland to celebrate Midsummer :-)

So - what's the Queen of Links to do but give links ;-)

Sock links with links to "good to know" sites
Sockamaniac's links
Another interesting page on socks :-)
Sock anxiety?

how to knit heels

Sock pattern links...
Sock it to me... free sock patterns
Boogie knits free sock patterns and the updated list by "Own Two Hands"
Sole Solution - sock knitters free patterns PDF file

My favorite link - magic cast-on for two socks at a time in circular...

P.S. Don't miss the Crystal Palace Yarns' sock list
P.P.S. Whimsical Knitting has very nice sock patterns, especially somber socks for guys.
P.P.P.S. Sword Queen's Armory has a couple of really nice sock patterns
P.P.P.P.S. SockGuy has also some classics :-)
P.P.P.P.P.S. Unfortunately MAGknits doesn't exist anymore. Internet archive has some of the patterns stored - up to August 2007.
Some of the sock patterns from MAGknits have been saved and published elsewhere. Go to Ravelry to find out.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Some sock tags in my blog
Socks, socks and more socks
Sock Wars
Socktober Fest!
Socktober
Ok, it's Socktober after all...
So many rods in fire...
Getting inspired... (Katherine Misegades has a very nice "sock workshop" - working through her "Gusset-heel Gansey Sock")
Free sock patterns on-line
Socks
It's our wedding anniversary today...

No comments: