Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Princess project: engagement photos

 I would like to have an engagement ring with Finnish jewels. There are several different jewels found in Finland, even diamonds, but the Finnish diamonds are really small. There are topazes, sapphires, rubies, and other stones, but I would choose a labradorite, or in Finland a spectrolite. The Finnish spectrolites have more amazing colors than any other. 

Maybe something like this?


I also love the Wallis Simpson jewelry legacy. I would love to have something similar but with foxes. And - of course - Finnish design. 

I would be wearing Finnish design - of course - in colors that match the spectrolite in the ring. I want the dress to have a V neckline, empire waist, and 3/4 sleeves with something interesting happening around the wrists. Now, Finnish design is traditionally very sculptural and minimalistic, so this dress is the closest I come at the moment. It is Ishtar by Klaus Haapaniemi. I love the sleeves. I don't love the color. I don't work well with muddy colors like that. 

This is Marchesa, and too festive for the event, but it has the "required elements". (Also, it's not Finnish. I wonder if I'd need a designer for my clothes... Marimekko really isn't princess-y.) The colors aren't nice, either. 
As a princess, I want to be known especially for my hats and hairdos. Now, for the engagement photos, there will be no hat, so the hairdo must be especially interesting. 

I also want to be known for my accessories, all Finnish, of course. We are especially good with shoes.

I would like to push the envelope, but it's not easy when there are rules about how princesses should be dressed. 

This is by Alexis Mabille, and it has the sense I want to achieve... I really like Wallis Simpson's wedding dress.




No comments: