THIS IS A HYPOTHETHICAL QUESTION! MY STASH AND BOOKS HAVE NOT BEEN STOLEN! SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION... *blush*
"Someone has stolen your stash and all your books: now what are you going to do?"
First I'll scream, then I'll cry and then I call the police.
What to replace first... I don't know. What ever comes on my way. I'll call my mother and ask her to send me a package with some of her stash and some needles too.
Some of the things in my stash cannot be replaced. I have managed to find a couple of skeins of the plant dyed wool from our own sheep I thought was lost forever, back at home. But - I thought already once that it was gone, so... There's a couple of skeins of yarn that isn't being manufactured anymore, and I am very happy about that - but when it's gone, it's gone, and there's nothing I can do about that.
The books are also a very hard loss...
Some things you just cannot replace.
Such an awful thought.
I am knitting the French market bag right now. I decided to do that instead of a vest, of the bright pink wool I bought from e-bay. I know I would have more use of a vest, but I'm feeling lazy, and there's no pattern for a vest I want - European size 48 (This with Women's Clothing Sizes is very interesting... European 48 is French 52, UK 22, Italian 54, American 20 (2X), Australian 24 and Japanese 23...) so I would need to make it myself... I might ask my sister, who is a miracle when it comes to things like this... but then I want to use my stash myself. (So if anyone steals it, he/she will have such curses flinged after him/herself, that he/she will leave it back... Grrr...)
Did I mention that I have been crocheting cats lately? I found an entry about THE Japanese crocheted cat at Crafting Japanese, and made first one to a swap pal - and my husband fell in love with it, so I made him a Siamese :-
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Well... for certain reasons I didn't make any whiplash entry this time. So I'll just publish a picture of my handbag and what's in it :-D
I still haven't managed to make the Findus cat shopping bags I planned to make (for May color theme, uhhum ;-)), but look at all these great entries:
- Savored Moments: Finally Phfinished - The Tea Bag::dlgolden
- flowery bag::regina
- 3 Quitled Bags::kcquilts
- Las Vegas Wristlet from a Napkin::marymo
- a crafty beach bag::superstitchious
- Lunchbox knitting case::karrie
- *ugly duckling::mangetsu
- Ruined Lemon Bag::jixichick
- Heatwave Knitting Needle Roll::CraftyGinger
- garden gnome bag::Lillirosa
- Pink Patchwork Bag::azizzo
- Sensationally Simple Handbag::imyorehuckleberry
- Gym Jewelry Pouch::jenfullmoon
- work bag tutorial::whizzzzme
- Serena\'s Flask Holster::serenasue
- birthday bags::Marti
- Laptop Backpack::beesnest
- Grocery Bag Purse::stoneamazon
- snarky book bag::stephaniesykes
- longing for a night out ultra small, credit card, cash, and keys bag::QueenMum
- bag from a childrens dress::rineke
- Queen of Hearts Bag::luckypalm
- pirate´s bloody treasure bag::katrin
- bags and tutorial::Egater
- Irish Clutch Purse::LemonTreeTales
- Wedding bag:Sew Recycled!::sewrecycled
- Water Bottle Carrier Tutorial::PinkChalkStudio
- Queen of Hearts Bag::luckypalm
- Pink Cupcake Purse::pincstuff
- Shirt bag::CarinaWardi
- Blowin in the Wind Bage::cherryghost
- Chinese Takeout Bag/box::Jagged Rose
- Cotswolds Bag::rooruu
- wedding loopbag::MagFly
- Summer flower messenger::Larici
- Quilted Bag::wgratz
- Small Flowers handbag::31Summers
- fabric sack::melba
- Quilt for Ixus::iHanna
- sparkly monks bag::true stitches
- Retro Green Bag: Birds in Love::thrifty one
- Knit Socks?Sew a Tote::2paw
- Sail Away Tote and Zipper Pouch ::LittlePurl
- Bolivian Weekender::KristinL
- FOLK BAGS + zakkabags::eireann
- clothes pin bag::k8tykat
- Round bag tutorial::giseleschoene
- Treasure bag::mo
- knickers evening bag::P
- Get out of the Funk Purse::dontlookback
- flamenco satchel::completely cactus
- Plastic Beach Bag::marcisenders
- Cocktail purse::dozodozo
- pieced box bag::tuttifruiti
- Crochet & Satin Bag::planetjune
- anastasia bag::knitknat1021
- Bubbly Ocean Girl Bag::foufigirl
- Frounchess Bag::dorie
- Kimono Obi Craft Case::annadilemna
- Summer tote tutorial::
- Inside-Out Bags::KnucklesTheDog
- Sail Away Tote and Zipper Pouch Set::LittlePurl
- Doll tutorial::soozs
- Apple tote::Strikkelise
Super Eggplant's "Tote Bags 101"
Tiny Happy's shoulder bag tutorial
Jordy bag - square bottomed lined bag
t-shirt surgery's pant bag tutorial
Drawstring bag tutorial
Black Sheep Bags - felted Booga bag
and felted Sophie bag
Circular felted bag
Felted french market bag
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
I have been in Finland :-) It was my brother-in-law's 40th birthday - and some other family business. We had a pirate party :-) I am really worthless in "live role playing games". :-( I couldn't act ex tempore even if my life depended on it. I'm pretty good at telling stories, but worthless in acting as something I'm not. So no SCA for me...
I have received a couple of packages, but I haven't been able to get them yet, so I don't know what's in them :-) I'll update when I know :-)
I also brought some yarn from Finland, from my mother's stash. She's over 70 and her hands aren't working well enough anymore, so I "pirated" in her yarn storage and brought with me 3 large cones of cotton - to be made into tees and tops - some other cotton yarn originally bought by my sister, some red and white wool I was knitting a cardigan to my nephew... well... I started it when he was one, and now he's 17... time flies ;-) And then I found some of my plant dyed, homespun wool! YAY!!! I thought I had lost it all to moths!!!
Saturday, July 01, 2006
July - a new month and new possibilities.
Whiplash has started again, and July is the bag month. So - two weeks to whip up a bag... *hmm*
The color of July is violet/purple... *yuk*
The pincushion challenge has not yet announced the theme for July, and the apron challenge has extended the musical theme over July...
Crafter craft challenge #13 - for the first week of July - is "rocking sock monkey". I don't like sock monkeys... not even sock monkeys that look like professor Snape ;-)