And I am very happy with Blogger.
So - Why you need more fiber and 6 easy ways to get it.
Fibercrafts - knitting, crocheting, sewing, weaving - are good for you. Not only do you fulfill your need of colors and textures, you are engaging into somewhat monotonous and repetative actions, which create a certain translike presence which can be compared to meditation. You also create something, which is always great, can give an expression to feelings you have otherwise difficult to express. And it is good for your self-confidence, because you are engaged into something that demands skills and is useful and highly appreciated by the community. You will also get a lot of new, interesting and good friends, and you will never get bored.
As they say, "Idle hands are Devil's Tools"
So how to get more fibers to your life?
1) find out the closest yarn, craft or hobby store and go there.
2) choose the fiber rich alternative - if you plan to give gifts, choose to do a craft project instead of buying something or doing a fiber poor alternative. (Yes, I know, paper and wood are full of fibers, but they are not RIGHT kind of fibers. Don't try to cheat here... wood is good for making needles of, and paper can be used for notes.)
3) Do something fibercrafty at least 3 days a week.
4) Look, touch and play with the yarns and fabrics every day.
5) Internet surfing and knitting blogs should be used as often as possible - preferably a couple of hours every day.
6) Have a crafting bag with you all the time - you can at least have a crochet hook and a ball of yarn in your handbag all the time - it doesn't take much space.