Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oy! Long time no seen...


I have been in Finland :-) It was my brother-in-law's 40th birthday - and some other family business. We had a pirate party :-) I am really worthless in "live role playing games". :-( I couldn't act ex tempore even if my life depended on it. I'm pretty good at telling stories, but worthless in acting as something I'm not. So no SCA for me...

I have received a couple of packages, but I haven't been able to get them yet, so I don't know what's in them :-) I'll update when I know :-)

I also brought some yarn from Finland, from my mother's stash. She's over 70 and her hands aren't working well enough anymore, so I "pirated" in her yarn storage and brought with me 3 large cones of cotton - to be made into tees and tops - some other cotton yarn originally bought by my sister, some red and white wool I was knitting a cardigan to my nephew... well... I started it when he was one, and now he's 17... time flies ;-) And then I found some of my plant dyed, homespun wool! YAY!!! I thought I had lost it all to moths!!!

No comments: