Friday, April 03, 2009

April

Here's a little bunnyrabbit for you as an Easter gift.
(Here's a knitted bunny toy and here's a crocheted bunny toy in PDF file)

I don't sleep well nowadays. Yesterday I slept like 4 hours, then I went to bed at 7 and slept 9 hours. Now - 3 hours later - I'm still tired. Well... I've been awake since 3 A.M.

Here's a Japanese site... I can't make heads and tails of it, but the photos are nice and her work is inspiring.

Hard Rock Zombie has some interesting blog entries about knitting. Among them I found this other Japanese site.

"CAT PRIN -- the tailor for a cat you know -- it is -- fact which will become dearer than former if a cat has clothes on

Don't you doubt? "Although I want to dress with dress extravagant with my cat, doesn't a cat dislike having" clothes on?
It is impossible that continue for time long to be sure, and you continue dressing a cat. But about [ to which you dress a cat and take a commemorative photo on special days, such as a birthday of a cat, ] is OK.

1. You need to dress a cat. And you will say to a cat together with a family. "It has changed just for a moment". [ "it being very dear" or ] You will pass pleasant one time.

2. If a family and a cat become fortunate, you will take a commemorative photo! Therefore, please photo your cat lovelily with much trouble.

3. If it finishes taking a photograph, you will make it remove clothes from a cat immediately. You will say then, without forgetting the language of gratitude to a cat. "-- be flooded -- a way -- good -- having done one's best -- ! -- " "
Frankly, having a cat collar that looks like a frilly blouse isn't too bad... but - I think the Scottish Fold Cat is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. I know that the Scottish Wildcats have folded ears to protect the ears, but why - OH WHY - did some idiot cat breeders need to promote that feature on a breed?
"It's very important to only breed fold ear cats to straight ear cats. This produces litters with 50% straight and 50% fold ear cats. If a fold ear cat is bred to another fold ear cat, this can lead to kittens with degenerative joint disease."
DUH! If your cat is born with folded ears or bulldog bite it HAS a degenerative genetic problems!
Frankly, the Persian cat and the shorthaired variation, modern British Shorthair, are ugly. Cats SHOULD have "noses "rather long than short"; "long and slender" necks; and "narrow. . . graceful" bodies" - like the European Shorthair has today. The original Persian Cat, the Angora, looks still today what the Persian Cats are supposed to look. Looks like a proper cat, with "long" nose, slender body and neck, with silky, soft hair... But one can go too far on the other side as well. Siamese should look like a cat, not like a coathanger spook. Sure, it's not the cat's fault how she looks, it's the breeders' fault. That "new style" Siamese in the second picture must have health problems due to the excessive breeding. It cannot be good for a cat to have so narrow face - and if it does have a narrow face, what other problems does it have? Cannot give birth naturally due to too narrow hips? Breaks bones easily? Reminds me of Ekhnaton.
Enough with ranting :-) Make yourself a siamese coat hanger in stead :-D

Smariek knits has really nice patterns.

Knit something green...
Pretty tatted shamrock I, II and more
Shamrock washcloth
Why shamrocks? Well... It's the green bimonth at Project Spectrum, and I'd like to knit me a shamrock lace shawl. No, I don't know what I do with it, I don't use my huge red silk shawl either, nor my beautiful white silk butterfly shawl, and I just gave the mystery shawl to my sister - because I don't use it. But it's fun to knit and very posh :-D The main thing is that I happen to like clover. It's friendly.

BTW, here's Heather's Mittens by Spillyjane, Latvian mittens from distric of Kurzeme (graph 117) by Lizbeth Upitis and mittens from Jalasjärvi (graph 81) by Eeva Haavisto

Here's some patterns you can use to knit mittens. (click the "cimdi" on the list on left, and click on the tiny images)

Nezumi world is always interesting

A reality check...

The World's Largest Collection of Smalls

Finnish blogs I visited, but that's not much fun for the non-Finnish speaking audience of this blog. Nevertheless, Henri, the knitted bear, seems to be very popular... (My Dearest Husband is Henric and he loves bears... Guess what is going to happen in this household soon LOL)
Also, shopping totes made of fabric are quite popular too. "I'm not a plastic bag" was fun :-D I liked the "Farewell to Plastic Bags" too. One could use the Sublime Stitching's bag and embroider the message ;-)
(Earth Day Market Bag)

Some fun German sock patterns.

Lacefreak - who introduced me to a very striking eufemism: Conga-Line of Death (AKA future projects)

At Kayray.org P.G.Wodehouse's Sally is being read. You can listen to it and knit some of Kay's projects :-)

I love Kayla coo's embroidery and Jackie's embroidery

Little House in the Suburbs has really nice tutorials and instructions... like for liquid soap and stick deodorant... I really should start doing soaps and stuff. *sigh*

Sharon's Pin Tangle

Tottie talks craft

I really like this columbine square, these popcorn pillows, frog tongue bookmark (well... I don't actually LIKE it, not that I dislike it either, I think it's really funny :-)), this felted snowman, this card pocket (no, I don't play this specific card came - but I used to play Magic the Gathering, and if not straight out, then with minor modifications, this would make a very nice pocket for Tarot cards or ATCs.) and this backscrubber.

And I really, really, really LOVE these knives... Well... I'm a Jensen too :-D

BTW, we switched out all the electricity on Earth Hour. Earth Day is April 22nd and there's some projects being done for that too... Fits well for the Project Spectrum idea too. ;-)

No comments: