Sunday, August 23, 2009

I apologize... I still think some people overreact and create problems where there are none. Nevertheless, I have now met the clueless idiots, and I have to admit they are very aggravating. I think I would have got a little upset if these people were screaming at me to mind my own business and not take away their precious hobby... When in fact all I do IS to mind my own business, as the non-NPO that provides their hobby is taking my income, because THEY are clueless and steal artwork online...

Here's a VERY GOOD article on copyright explaining the 9 common myths (which I, as a witch, think is a wrong word... misconceptions, perhaps?)

Myth #1: It's okay to use anything that doesn't have a copyright notice
Myth #2: It's okay to use anything that's online, because if it's online, it's in the public domain and up for grabs
Myth #3: It's okay to use anything as long as I'm not making any money off it.
Myth #4: It's okay for a non-profit organization to use anything
Myth #5: It's okay to use anything as long as I give credit
Myth #6: It's okay to use anything as long as I include the creator's copyright notice
Myth #7: It's okay to use anything as long as I take it down when the copyright holder objects
Myth #8: It's okay to use something if I can't find the copyright holder
Myth #9: It's okay to use something if I asked for permission and didn't get a response

NO, IT'S NOT OK. IT'S A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION AND THE NON-NPO..S.H.O.U.L.D..GET.LEGAL.CONSEQUENCES THAT MIGHT CAUSE THEM TO SHUT THE SITE DOWN.

So, if you just LOVE Polyvore and it's the ONLY PLACE where you can create and you'll just DIE if the evil artists manage to KILL the site, YOU BETTER NOT CLIP OR USE ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT SURE OF.

No comments: