Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It is that time of the year again...

It's only 120 days till Christmas... I just made a list of my family... mom, dad, siblings, nieces and nephews, husband, the special cousin, my godsons... all together 23 people. Of whom 19 are over 15... that means, no quick socks and hats. On the other hand, it doesn't take more than two days to knit a pair of socks, so if I start now and knit without interruptions, I'll make 60 pairs of socks... If I take Saturdays off, I'll knit (120 shared by 7 is... er... 7 times 7 is 49, 2 times 7 is 14, that's 98 days, then 20, that's 3, 14 plus 3 is 17... 17 weeks... 17 weeks until Christmas... 3 pairs a week, that's 51 pairs of socks... two pairs for every one...) and if I take breaks and do other things as well... er... I better start immediately!
17 weeks... that means I don't have even a week to make a present for each and every one. Oh... Oops! I did it again! *sheepish smile*
Uh. It doesn't matter. I don't take a week to knit/make something wonderful, amazing and great :-D

But, it would be nice to make a couple of tams, maybe some knitted gloves for my sister to go with the tam I made to her last year.
I would like to make a couple of lacy wool shawls for the women in the family. But we are 11 and I do take a little more time than a week to finish a shawl... I think.
I really like knitting scarves and hats, but I don't know anyone who would use them.
I wonder if anyone would wear a cowl...
Bookmarks... everyone reads books, no-one uses bookmarks. *sigh*

I really don't know what people would like, so I'll just assume they'll love what ever they get, and if not, who cares, and do what ever I want :-D They are a very good bunch, appreciative and caring, so I think I'm fairly safe with this :-D

No comments: