Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I need a needle case


I was looking for some ideas, when I stumbled over Shantti designs once again... I love her embroidery cases, bags, purses and what ever. I love her love of embroidery and stumpwork. *sigh* I wish I did something like that...

I want my needle case to be something spectacular, wonderful, beautiful, amazing, lovely... something that fills me with pride and pleasure every time I use it.
But it has to be practical as well. I need to have my crochet hooks, knitting needles and other crafting tools easily available, but in a reasonable small and handy case, so that I will use it. I suppose it will be something like a book or briefcase.



I love the boxes that fold out, but that would be a little unpractical for my purposes... It would be fun, but I can't - and don't want to - flip it over when I'm crafting. I'm very pleased with my little basket, that I can move easily with me, but it's such a mess!

I don't know if you can see, but there's a sheep mascot on the right, and a pin cushion I made in school when I was about 15, and that has a sheep as well. And it's pink... the "French Market Bag" which was a total failure :-( It became a perfect lining in the old basket with a broken handle, and fixed the basket became a perfect craft basket for me :-)
So perhaps I should go for sheep...
This is an Elizabeth Austen Needle Bag, and I like the idea - I just don't like the fabric. I saw a lovely one made of old kimono silk...

This one is much prettier, from Morehouse Farms, by Katharyn Crippen Shapiro

Here's a discussion about needle cases in "Knitter's Review Forum"
Here's how to make a hardcover circular needle case
Organized Knitter has a lot of pretty and fun cases
Hillscape has nice ones too :-)
This one is wonderful :-) By Annie :-)
Lantern Moon's silk needle cases are lovely too :-)

No comments: