Friday, November 10, 2006

Lacevember and Sock Madness

Lacevember: 2nd contest - which I missed

THE KNITTING QUESTIONS, or THE USUAL SUSPECTS
How long have you been knitting?
I learned to knit when I was about 10, but I have been "seriously" knitting since May this year.

How did you learn to knit?
In school. Sort of.

Favorite thing about knitting?
It's meditative, repetitive, and functional. Creating, stress reducing, and just as demanding or easy as I want.

How long have you been knitting lace?
Don't know... since June, maybe?

THE YARN QUESTIONS, or FLASH YOUR STASH
Favorite lace yarn?
N/A

Variegated or solids for shawls?
Yes

Favorite lace color?
Cream, but I get always attracted to purply-blue laces... and I hate purply-blue.

TECHNIQUE, or SHOW US YOUR SKILLZ
Circs or straights?
Yes

Favorite lace knitting trick?
Huh?

Lifelines?
No.

If so with what?

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet?
Sewing pins stuck in my bed


Pattern, or can you follow directions?
Yes

Shawls or lacey items?
Yes

Triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls?
Yes

Charts or printed instructions?
Charts, but printed are ok.

Favorite lace you've knit?
Cascading leaves afghan LOL Very easy, quick and lovely :-)

Favorite lace you want to knit?
Peacock feathers

JUST FUN, YUP THAT'S RIGHT, JUST FOR FUN
Favorite jelly belly flavor?

I like most of them. I like the "recipes" :-D

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red.....
Leif Eriksson's daddy, who "found" Greenland because he was kicked out of Norway because he had some weird habits. It's more like a Sicilian vendetta story a là "your daddy's second cousin's neighbor killed my nephew's wife's namesake's pig".

Coke, classic or with lime?
Pepsi

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves?
Sing along. Of course. Even though I'm Pagan.

What is the definition of irony?
Savonian way of communicating. Speaking backwards, as a five-year's-old I know says.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
What is a tootsie roll pop?

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door?
Because she can't get in to puke on his pillow.

What is your superhero power?
Flying. And what Phoenix in x-men does.

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be?
White and blue. That's fresh.

What's for dinner tonight?
Chili.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain?
Hair and the miniature submarine.

Lacevember: 3rd contest

What are your ideal lace making conditions?
Sitting in bed, with a cup of hot tea, good radio channel on and dog sleeping by me. And a helpful husband feeling good enough to serve me what ever I happen to need/want ;-)


Now, go and get interested of Sock madness

1 comment:

Danielle said...

"a helpful husband feeling good enough to serve me what ever I happen to need/want ;-)"

lol. No kidding, that would be so great. You'll have to let us know if that ever happerns. :)