Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12 Days of Yule - Episode Seven

Now, this is a... er... I really don't know how to describe this... You remember that I said about kitsch a couple of days ago? LOL
Now, THIS is kitsch! And I simply love it!
I don't know what to do with it, but here's the swan doily :-)

Besides, "On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me seven swans a-swimming". They do have the pattern for a doily with seven swans a-swimming ;-)

What about geese, then?

Mimi's crocheted lawn goose outfits
Mary Sue has developed 30 original, unique crochet outfit patterns and is selling all these as an e-book...

Now, talk about kitsch! I have seldom laughed as well :-D

Well... not for everyone's taste, I can think ;-)
Here's a filet crochet goose :-)
Ducks in a row afghan - make them in white, and you'll have geese a-laying :-)

Edited later on 13th :-)
Some pictures of swan doilies from a Chinese site
Small doily with four swans
Swan symphony - a little different 6 swans doily
with patterns
Really cute 8 swan doily with ruffles and waterlilies :-)
And another similar swan doily :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The swan doily is cute in its own way. It's something my grandma would have had.