Saturday, January 26, 2008

I've been a good girl :-D

Clapotis scarf is done and the cap is half-done, and the book is getting there...

You want proof? Huh? Huh? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE... er... Hehe *blush*

Here it is:
I'm a bit disappointed of that Clapotis lost the fluffiness at blocking... I hope it will get it back in use.
It's rather dull, actually. But but... I'm going to have a scarf and hat I can put on quickly and that will make me a little bit happier when I go out with the dog.

And here's the book. I don't know if I'm going to work much more with the cover. I wanted a book with a peep-hole in it. I wanted peep-holes within the book too, but that's not going to happen. There will be the title too, of course. It looks a bit bare right now.



Then I took a picture of the innards as tgey are now. I need to add the text and then some more things, as it looks rather empty right now... I'm really not good with collages and altered books and artist trading cards and stuff... I wish I were, but I'm not. I suppose I'm too scared to fill the pages, and it just doesn't work that way. Good exercise for me, this is.



Then there's the thing that I need a whole kitchen table for this project, and when I'm done for the day, there's glue, paint, chalk dust and paper scraps all over the kitchen, my art tools are all over the place and I'm blue up to elbows. And my eczema gets lovely rough and red and itchy... (I'm "allergic" to water - my hands dry up really quickly and I get eczema... Reason why I can't work as an artesan or baker. :-()

-----------------------------------------------

But, I'm done my "hour of work" so I get to surf :-D
Here's a couple of "new" sites I recently found:
Vintage Purls with free vintage patterns
and Karens Variety free newsletter patterns
glamarama
V&A had some 40's patterns
Sophia has also some vintage patterns and
Severina has Vintage Stitch-O-Rama

and an article about knitting vintage patterns at Knitty.com

No comments: