Friday, May 05, 2006

Secret Pal 8 questionnaire :-)

The questionnaire is a little changed, so here it is, again :-D

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love knitting wool, but I'm open for anything :-) I hate man-made fibers. They are ok to knit, but useless.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In their original package.


3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting about 20 years - with more or less pauses - I consider myself being intermediate to advanced.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I do. I have a wishlist at Amazon.com with the name Sanna Jensen. And I would appreciate very much anything from the list... *drool* Especially the knitting books :-D


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. My favorite candy is "salty" - my all times favorite is salt liquorice, but that isn't available all over the world. Next comes the creamy things, like toffee, cream caramels, butterscotch, fudge.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love all the fiber crafts - knitting, crocheting, sewing, spinning, weaving, quilts, embroidery, felting, lace making, needlepoint - anything. I also love paper crafts, bookbinding and making boxes and paper sculptures, origami and so on. I also love the art of gift wrapping.
Then I love baking and sugar crafts.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like music with rhythm and melodi. I love 80's music and rock. I love baroque music. I like Celtic music. I like Bonnie Tyler, Meatloaf, Seal, Nickleback, Avril Lavigne, Shakira, Seven Nations, Cher...
Toto's Africa is one of my favorite songs, and the Swedish band, One More Time, and their Highlands... *yum*


9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are red, from spicy dark burgundy to warm pink and blue-green - turquoise, aqua, teal, copper green, celadon, peacock colors I am "spring" in the "Color me beautiful" season chart, and I love oriental colors. I hate muddy, dirty colors like olive green and greyish browns, and I hate strong, electric, shocky colors. I don't like blues and purples, and the dusty purples, like lavender, old rose and plum are the absolute worst colors there is. But it depends very much on the company. I like harmonious color combinations and I love colors.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married, no kids, a dog - black and white springer spaniel.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, yes. Hats, no. Mittens, no. Socks, yes. Gloves, yes. Ponchos, no. Definately not.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like things that are quick to knit and have variation. I am knitting a lace scarf right now, and I think it's nice. I don't mind knitting large projects, or gloves or socks, or so, but I think I like lace best.


13. What are you knitting right now?
LOL - as said, a lace scarf.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, very much so :-)


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Anything goes. I would love to get ebony or "ivory" sock needles :-)


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. (Or to be honest - yes - me and my husband LOL)


17. How did you learn to knit?
In school.


18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Very old. Next question ;-)


19. What is your favorite holiday?
Yule :-) But I love holidays. They are what you make of them, and every witch sabbat can be like Yule - it all depends on what you put in to it.

(And if with holiday one means vacation - the best would be one week's cultural roundtrip, like the one I had in Israel... we visited different biblical places, and it was absolutely wonderful. We drove in a bus all around Israel and visited interesting museums and met interesting people and visited places that are not normally available to common turists... I would love to have such a trip in UK with Pagan theme... visiting all the Pagan places... or "Da Vinci Code roundtrip". *sigh*


20. Is there anything that you collect?
Books. Cookie cutters. Foxes.


21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions. For patterns, see the to do wish list... the peacock feather shawl is high on the list... I really want that one :-) And I really want Nancy Bush's sock books...


22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn any new techniques. I'm currently learning the multidirectional knitting :-)
I am very interested of the Swedish two-end knitting.


23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I am. My foot is about 3.5" (9.5 cm) wide and 9 3/4" (23 cm) long


24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
19th of April ;-) Yes, two weeks ago :-D

No comments: