(A little red to break off the green theme of May ;-))
One Skein questionnaire :-)
1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
I would say hand-beaded maroony-burgundy alpaca. It's two-ply, and one of them is hand-spun, and the other is very fine, and it's hand-beaded with golden "things", like beads, pearls, sequins, stars, charms, stones, buttons and things.
2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
White. I also use a lot of red, pink and peacock colors.
3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Yes, but I'm not too fond of them. I like doing colorwork, and myself decide the pattern and colors. I have seen very beautiful things made with variegated or self-striping yarns, but the yarns are always very "modest" in their colorplay - like one yarn is yellow, brown and orange and the other maroon, burgundy and purple. ALMOST non-variegated, that is :-D
4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
Yes. Natural fibers.
5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
I prefer to work with center-pull balls of yarn, or cones. It's tidier.
6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Yes, I have, and even though I don't think there's much difference in the feeling, I prefer organic yarns, because - well - they are ecological :-)
(Organic is actually a little misleading name... as I only use natural fibers, most often wool and cotton, I am ALWAYS using organic yarns ;-) Organic - from living source; animal or plant))
7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
Last year? I don't know... I haven't thought or noted that.
8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
9. What is your favorite one skein project?
I don't know... I haven't payed much attention to this either... I think my favorite small project was my gloves.
10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
Not much - and right now I store it in the bags they were put in the store - together with the needles and other necessary equipment. But I'm planning on having better storage solution. I would love to have my yarn in see-through plastic boxes with tightly closing lid, on a shelf, so that I can see my whole stash with one look, and they are protected from moths and other
11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
No. But the organic, hand-painted cotton I bought to my tea-swap pal is close LOL
12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Yes. I use cotton in the summer and wool in the winter.
Tea Swap Pal asked this:
Do you have any preference for yarn weight?
I haven't thought of my preferences, and thought of answering "no, no preferences", but then I remembered that I'm not so fond of thick, bulky yarns. And then I started thinking about what kind of yarns I always look at the yarn shop, and it's rather thin... I think 3mm needles are quite thick already LOL
That isn't important though. I think it would be fun to get something I wouldn't get to myself :-) There's a lot of inspiration in trying to work beyond the limits my preferences set. What is important is color.