Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Milkweed project

I have learned something new today. I thought milkweed is 'maitohorsma' (maito = milk in Finnish), but it's not. It's 'silkkiyrtti' in Finnish (silkweed) and 'maitohorsma' is fireweed.

I thought milkweed was 'maitohorsma', and I like 'maitohorsma'.

There is a milkweed project - a fiber artist is planning on creating an exhibition with a feeling of being inside a milkweed pod. So, create something white of fibers for her show :-)

To my honesty I have to give you the link to the crocheter who informed me of the Crochet Month, "Slave to the Hook". Why "have to"? She has a small political statement on her blog... I'm not too fond of political and religious statements. Makes me want to scream my statements higher.

Thing I am only pleased to advertise are
Regina Grewe's wonderful patchwork block patterns.
Mother Bear project
Elise Blaha's 24 project journal - I'm going to fit it for my 101 things in 1001 days... It will be thick LOL, but I hope it will be a thing of beauty and interest and bliss and joy for many years to come. I hope it will be the first of many of its kind :-) I do have a long list of things I'd like to do, and never seem to come around to do.

No comments: