So when I surf the blog community and get inspired, and think someone has been doing a very good job with her/his blog, I try to remember to leave a comment. Usually it's only during the give-aways and such, or when the person in question requests the comments.
Or then it's someone "famous" and I don't dare to leave a comment. LOL I'm reacting totally against my own philosophy - we are all just humans - which only proves that it really isn't my philosophy, just some cliche I'm carrying around with me. I WISH it was my philosophy.
Now, it has been a very long time since my last blog entry, and it was a bit sad. I suppose I should have counted some of my blessings already here :-D
I have got so lovely responses to that blog entry, and I want to say to everyone of the commenters that their comments have warmed my soul and fully replaced the disappointment :-)
Nellie at Nellie's Needles gives away pattern to those amazing birds she keep making :-) I like her work.
Debra's blog is It's All Good and Terri's blog is Blooming Ideas.
This is Mary Ann's Follow Your Bliss Designs. She has a very good quote there:
We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams; only the time that we are here.
~~ Susan L. Taylor
This is her blog.
You Are a Jackie!
You are a Jackie. "I do everything the right way."
Jackies are realistic, conscientious, and principled. They strive to live up to their high ideals.
How to Get Along with Me
* Take your share of the responsibility so I don't end up with all the work.
* Acknowledge my achievements.
* I'm hard on myself. Reassure me that I'm fine the way I am.
* Tell me that you value my advice.
* Be fair and considerate, as I am.
* Apologize if you have been unthoughtful. It will help me to forgive.
* Gently encourage me to lighten up and to laugh at myself when I get uptight, but hear my worries first.
What I Like About Being a Jackie
* Being self-disciplined and able to accomplish a great deal
* Working hard to make the world a better place
* Having high standards and ethics; not compromising myself
* Being reasonable, responsible, and dedicated in everything I do
* Being able to put facts together, coming to good understandings, and figuring out wise solutions
* Being the best I can be and bringing out the best in other people
What's Hard About Being a Jackie
* Being disappointed with myself or others when my expectations are not met
* Feeling burdened by too much responsibility
* Thinking that what I do is never good enough
* Not being appreciated for what I do for people
* Being upset because others aren't trying as hard as I am
* Obsessing about what I did or what I should do
* Being tense, anxious, and taking things too seriously
Jackies as Children Often
* Criticize themselves in anticipation of criticism from others
* Refrain from doing things that they think might not come out perfect
* Focus on living up to the expectations of their parents and teachers
* Are very responsible; may assume the role of parent
* Hold back negative emotions ("good children aren't angry")
Jackies as Parents
* Teach their children responsibility and strong moral values
* Are consistent and fair* Discipline firmly
Are you Jackie or Marilyn or someone else - Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz